News & Events
Explore new information that we want to share with you!
We are active in many conferences/events around the world.
Past Conference Presentations
Check out what we have shared before
Check out recent articles on our research.
Check out our Presentations at these upcoming events
- OISE Graduate Student Research Conference March 31, 2023 – April 1, 2023 https://www.oise.utoronto.ca/gsrc/
- Plurilingual Pedagogies, Digital Technology & STEM Conference April 25, 2023 – April 26, 2023
- OAME Conference April 27, 2023 – April 28, 2023 https://sites.google.com/oame.on.ca/oame2023 Friday, April 28 - 3:15 PM - F5.19 How to Implement a Language-Friendly Pedagogy to Partner with Families
- OAME Conference April 27, 2023 – April 28, 2023 https://sites.google.com/oame.on.ca/oame2023 Friday, April 28 - 12:15 PM - F3.08 Teaching STEM to Multilingual Speakers
- OAME Conference April 27, 2023 – April 28, 2023 https://sites.google.com/oame.on.ca/oame2023 Pre-recorded - PR-26 Empower and Support: Creating Equitable and Interactive Math Lessons for Multilingual Learners
- CSSE Conference May 28, 2023 – May 31, 2023 York University 4700 Keele St, Toronto ON M3J 1P3, Canada
Held Monthly, on the fourth Wednesday of the Month. Check out the Teacher Portal for more information.
Utilizing Multilingual Digital Tools as a Step Towards a Transcultural Pedagogy in Education
Leanne Rempel, Zahra Safdarian, Dania Wattar, Emmanuelle Le Pichon, presented a project, “Filling the learning gaps caused by the pandemics: Supporting students and their diverse students with digital technology,” that had an objective to develop inclusive teaching practices for whole-class engagement from a reciprocal anthropology perspective. After the description of their study, presenters share strategies that invest in students’ prior knowledge and the principles behind them. This research reveals the benefits of inclusive pedagogy and opens avenues toward an asset-based pedagogy that considers diversity as an enrichment of education.
The Canadian Society for the Study of Education Conference is online on May 14-20, 2022.