The name of the projects comes from project #2 – Plurilingual Pedagogies, which is a SSHRC Funded French & French Immersion Project. We created ESCAPE from
Enseigner les SCiences Aux élèves PlurilinguEs
We also feel that Binogi allows learners to escape from their classroom into a new world – exploring STEM contents in a language familiar to them!
The three pillars are:
- Integrating digital pedagogy
- Language friendly pedagogies
- Entry points for parental & community involvement
Check out our map by clicking on “The Projects.” You can see all of the schools involved in the different studies.
Project #1 – MITACS and Binogi
Project #2 – SSHRC
Project #3 – MITACS and Binogi
The three pillars of the resources include strategies on:
- Language friendly pedagogy;
- Binogi as an online learning tool; and
- Entry points for parental & community involvement.
- These resources have been created to provide a resource for Grades 6, 7, 8 and 9 teachers as a strategy to incorporate online learning tools such as Binogi in their daily lessons to promote student engagement in classrooms :
- “Technology-enabled practice is increasing student engagement and student output—they want to learn more, and do more” (Ontario Ministry of Education)
- While the lessons apply to all learners, the resource offers equitable strategies and tools to include language learners.
- Each lesson has been designed to invite parents and community members to actively take part in their child’s learning. This results in:
- Extending students’ learning beyond the classroom by inviting conversations about math/science
- Transparency in regards to what students are learning at school
Each resource is organized in a three part lesson format as recommended by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
Teachers can use these resources in the following ways:
- To try out in your classroom exactly as they are
- As a blueprint – to think about how you will structure your lesson, using a 3-part framework
- Choose a topic: For example, electricity.
- Find an associated Binogi video which supports the class material. https://app.binogipilot.ca/l/le-reseau-electrique
- Reflect on how and where you will incorporate the video in your lesson plan.
We have included one example of a package for your reference:
Order of Operations – Math
To easily find the video you are looking for, check out: www.books.binogi.ca
We have a video for you to watch here. In this video, we describe each step of using the tool.
Make sure you have an account for this website: if not, go to the teacher portal and sign up. In this tutorial videos under E-learning resources we explain step by step how to create an account. You can watch the video here.
Watch this video here. You can find more videos in E-Learning resources in the Teacher Portal.